Wednesday 22 August 2018

Artistic Family.

Good morning! 

So far I've had a few ideas about things to include in my blog, I've been reading  tips about blogging and about networking so feel as if my head may explode with ideas! 

Anyway, I thought I'd write a little about my family as we are all creative, although in very different ways. 

My mum does't currently draw or paint, but I remember as a child drawing with her and trying so hard to make mine as good as hers. Mum is also very imaginative when it comes to writing and really should put pen to paper more often. 

I have an older brother who became interested in script writing while studying at art college. Inspired by The Troubles in Northern Ireland Andrew wrote a one minute script to enter into a Channel 5 competition, he won his category and resulted in this film, produced by Laurie Castelli. 

Last but not least I will mention my dad who is sadly no longer with us. He too was inspired to create artwork focusing on The Troubles and had first hand experience as he was in the RUC. 


Ships were his other passion and I have fond memories of his shed where he painted and also built various model ships ( this is an old photo of our cat Snoopy sitting in front of one of his dramatic paintings.) 


In his memory I set up a Facebook page featuring his artwork, so if you would like to see further examples of his work, here is a link.

So, as you can see I had was fortunate to grow up around such talent!  
If you want to keep up to date with my recent pieces, I'm usually most active on Facebook, please pop over and join my page. :)

THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY. :D 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Photography Experiments.

One of the things I've been researching regarding promoting my artwork and selling online has been photography tips, as even the most a...